Senegalese football player Sadio Mane will miss the “first games” of this selection at the World Cup due to a leg injury, said an official of the Senegalese Football Association.
Mane was included in Senegal’s squad for Qatar despite an injury that kept him out of action last week for his club Bayern Munich.
Bayern announced that Mane had suffered a “right fibula” injury, but Senegal coach Aliou Cisse said Mane did not need surgery.
- We will have to play the first games without Sadi and win without Sadi – said a member of the board of directors of the Senegalese Football Federation, Abdoulaye Sou, as reported by the BBC.
Sou added that Senegal “shouldn’t whine too much” about the absence of the two-time African Footballer of the Year.
Senegal plays its first match at the championship on Monday against the Netherlands